Author Topic: Android app stops running when connected to my own remote station  (Read 162 times)

Offline w7hlr

• Just starting...
Just installed the android app. It works OK connecting to other stations, just not my own.  Same result when using wi-fi or cellular network.   I can connect to my station just fine using the PC client.  Ideas?

Offline w8rj

• Support Tech
  • Remote Master
Re: Android app stops running when connected to my own remote station
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2018, 02:51:16 pm »
Make sure you're not connected twice with the Windows client and Android app at the same time.
Roger
W8RJ

Offline w7hlr

• Just starting...
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2018, 03:27:59 pm »
Additional information:  Am not connected twice with any other client.  Immediately upon connecting with android client, message appears on phone "RCForb client has stopped", and only other message is to accept "OK" or "Report".  However, if I don't do anything, receive audio still comes through on phone, and the server on my station reports that the android is still connected, but the app screen goes away except for the error message screen.  When I press "OK" on the app, the app disconnects completely .  Server then reports that client disconnected.  Also, a buddy tried to connect to my station with his android app and had the same problem.  Like me, he can connect to other stations just fine with the app.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 03:43:27 pm by w7hlr »

Offline w8rj

• Support Tech
  • Remote Master
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2018, 03:59:35 pm »
I get the same results.

Here are two shots in the dark;

1) You have way to much RX audio. The waveform in the Windows client shows it always overloaded. Try reducing the RX audio either with the K3'sa Line Out or the slider in the server in Audio Configuration.

2) You have the Dual KPA500 driver selected. I assume you have just one KPA500. Reselect the KPA500 and see if that helps. That Dual KPA500 driver has a couple of controls that the Android app may not be happy with.

I notice you say you have a KPA1500, if so you need to update your server for KPA1500 support. Use this link below.

http://download.remotehams.com/debug/RCForb_Server_Setup_0.7.exe

Note you have to use V9 of the Windows Client to see all the controls for the KPA1500
« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 04:05:11 pm by w8rj »
Roger
W8RJ

Offline w7hlr

• Just starting...
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2018, 04:56:13 pm »
OK, tried all of those things, and one or more of them solved the android app issue.  Thank you! The KPA1500 now shows up on the server as one of the other available devices, but when the server connects it shows a connection error for the KPA1500.  I tried changing port speeds, but couldn't resolve issue.  Any ideas?

Offline w8rj

• Support Tech
  • Remote Master
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2018, 05:18:09 pm »
Check your KAP1500's baud rate, it's probably at 230400. Set it at 115200 and select that in the server. We never added 230400 to the dropdown
Roger
W8RJ

Offline w7hlr

• Just starting...
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2018, 12:19:21 pm »
Thanks again, Roger.  That corrected the problem.  I see that you've tried to access the remote.  I've added your ID as a club member for testing purposes.  Enjoy and feedback welcome.