Author Topic: What does it take to contribute / be a developer ?  (Read 4055 times)

n9adg

What does it take to contribute / be a developer ?
« on: December 11, 2014, 08:24:37 pm »
Besides the mechanics of .net and probably C# etc, what is the policy / practice for letting folks contribute to the project?
-Brian N9ADG

n9adg

Re: What does it take to contribute / be a developer ?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2015, 11:10:11 am »
???

Offline kg6ypi

• Administrator
  • Remote Master
    • RemoteHams.com
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2015, 09:41:59 am »
The current area that is open for public contribution is the "RCF" library.  This library contains all the radio "drivers", amp, tuner, rotator, etc.   If you would like to help out in fixing bugs in the "drivers" or possibly writting new ones to support other equipment, then your more than welcome to help!

Currently, the source code server is down as it was hosted in my garage and my house was flooded. I plan to get it back online within a week or two. At that point, you'll be able to grab the latest revision from the repository. Currently, W8RJ & KG6YPI are the active developers.

n9adg

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2015, 10:41:37 am »
That sounds great! I have the desire and capability to help out with that; has the "Steppir Interface" ground been covered?

Offline kg6ypi

• Administrator
  • Remote Master
    • RemoteHams.com
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2015, 11:25:20 am »
The ability to control a StepIR has not been implemented.  The ability for a StepIR to track frequency changes will work.

Offline dg6fl

• Just starting...
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2016, 09:08:31 am »
Are there any news where to obtain the source code? I am very interested in porting the Code to Linux. What do I need for this? The windows sources as a cheat sheet :)