Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
RCForb Server / Re: TCP Port 843, 4525, 4524 CLOSED!
« Last post by iuchiho on Today at 01:43:15 am »
Hello Sir,

Done and working well. Thanks.

Chiho
RCForb Server / Re: TCP Port 843, 4525, 4524 CLOSED!
« Last post by w8rj on Yesterday at 04:17:25 am »
Ports have nothing to do with what type of radio you're using. Since it appears that UPnP opened the ports in the router, check the Windows firewall or firewall in your anti-virus software.

Read this post
http://www.remotehams.com/forums/index.php/topic,11.0.html
RCForb Server / TCP Port 843, 4525, 4524 CLOSED!
« Last post by iuchiho on January 15, 2018, 08:35:17 pm »
Hello Sir,

After set up all the configuration and performed the "check ports" for remote server, it shows the following messages:

Checking TCP Port 843....CLOSED.
Checking TCP Port 4524....CLOSED.
Checking Audio TCP Port 4525....CLOSED.

Fix TCP Ports: 843, 4525, 4524.

Can handheld be a remote station server? My radio is ICOM ID-51A Plus.

Thanks & Best Regards,
Chiho,
Bug Reports / Re: Unwanted Guests
« Last post by w8rj on January 15, 2018, 04:24:26 pm »
If you enable the Club mode (publishing tab) and Privacy from Guests. Now when a non-club member tries to connect he will only stay connected long enough to request club membership, and won't be able to manipulate any controls.

Remember running in the Club mode, transmit privileges is a two step process. One step to approve Club and a second to approve transmit. 
Bug Reports / Unwanted Guests
« Last post by vk6xt on January 15, 2018, 03:01:06 pm »
I have the Server set up for "guests not allowed" and "auto restrict to club,Tx and admin" but I still find DX operators logging in and tuning remote. How to stop this ??
I have set-up the RcForb Client V 0.8 for remote operations of WSJT-x in FT-8 mode with HRD Logbook and JTAlert-x using VAC audio repeater for local listen-in.
The CAT und PTT function via CAT is implemented via VCOM on the RCForb Client directy interfacing the TS-480 at the remote server site. Use of HRD rig control proofed unreliable due to time-out issues in particluar at the end of the FT-8 transmit period causing WSJT-x to leave the Tx Enable mode.
This set-up works very well with JTAlert-x transfering the logbook data to HRD logbook at the end of each contact and HRD Logbook Radio Pane giving me the selected buttons and sliders to control the remote TS-480.
I have tested any impact of the coding on JT-8 signals and have nit observed any degrdations - on the receive side I have decoded signals down to -20 dB and when testing to decode my own signal received from the remote qth with my local set-up using KX-3 and WSJT-x running on my MacMini there where no issues observed with the transmit signal and the decoding.
I am using external soundcards -both locally as well as on the server side.

The local set-up can be seen in the attached pdf picture

73 de Manfred and Enjoy remoting!
General Support / Re: TX puts the radio in Transmit but the KPA500 isn't keying
« Last post by w8rj on January 12, 2018, 07:59:32 am »
That may not have been a good test. Windows playback devices have two levels associated with them. One a "global" level for all applications that is using the device and another level for a individual application. So when you closed the server and started HRD that playback device did not necessarily have the same level.

1) Right click on the speaker icon in Windows.
2) Select Volume mixer.
3) Far left select the playback device the server is using.

There will now be a level adjustment to the right showing the application (individual) level for RcForb server. Make sure it's not down to zero or muted.
« Last post by hk2ls on January 12, 2018, 06:06:51 am »
Thank you Roger.  Good question so I stopped RC Forb Server and started HRD and did a CQ and received an immediate response so it would appear to me that the audio (since using the same device with RC Forb Server and HRD ) is working.   

thoughts?

CQ CQ de HK2LS HK2LS
CQ CQ de HK2LS HK2LS
CQ CQ de HK2LS HK2LS
PSE K
HK2LSK2LS de KK5UG Kat5UG KK5UG kn
t  VE3FTG pse k
« Last post by w8rj on January 12, 2018, 05:47:13 am »
Sounds like you're not getting transmit audio to the radio.

1) Check the Line In level on the K3.
2) Check the level (and mute) on the Playback sound device in the computer you're using.
General Support / TX puts the radio in Transmit but the KPA500 isn't keying
« Last post by hk2ls on January 12, 2018, 05:32:00 am »
I have a K3/KAT500/KPA500.   When I remotely connect to the K3 I can see the audio level moving with my voice when connected remotely to the desktop but I am not getting any power out.   When I go to AM it keys and I see 125 watts but there is no modulation with my voice.   When I use M-Tune the radio and amp key and I see 400 watts out.   

I can hear my voice on the headphones with a delay when connected remotely and the sound->playback->speakers on the base (where the K3) computer is moving with my voice.   So any ideas?  73s de HK2LS 
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10