Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
« Last post by ea8gk on Today at 02:00:50 pm »

I try to enter to my account and it says that is invalid? I need please some help. Thanks.
RCForb Server / Re: NEW Server
« Last post by w8rj on Today at 10:45:39 am »
The new server (hopefully later this year) which is being worked on, will have support for multiple rotators.
RCForb Server / NEW Server
« Last post by dk1hl on Yesterday at 12:07:55 pm »

iam looking for an server update with 2 or more rotators.
any plans in the near future for a new server version?

73 - DK1HL Stefan
RCForb Client (Android) / Re: Small Screen Problem
« Last post by g3yxm on Yesterday at 09:13:27 am »
A work-around is to turn the Android text size to "small" and also turn off "large text" in accessibility settings.. then it JUST fits on the screen enough to touch the OK button when adding a new remote.

General Support / Re: Can't transmit from Android client
« Last post by g3yxm on Yesterday at 09:10:28 am »
That's it! After the crash and re-install I'd lost my allowed buttons list.
Allowing only "TX" of the three TX options did the trick.
Thanks for the help.

« Last post by w8rj on March 16, 2018, 10:52:53 am »
What happens on your Android Client when you go to the Button page and use the TX button there?  if that works remove the TXd button with the Security Manager (server side)

FYI, if the Android Client sees a TXd button, the PTT button on the Android Client will activate the TXd button not the TX button. The Kenwood driver send "TX1;" to the radio when the TXd button is activated. The TS-2000 manual states that command activates transmit on the sub receivers band.
« Last post by g3yxm on March 16, 2018, 09:40:50 am »
The Radio is a Kenwood TS-2000, audio in and out by sound-card on the server PC.
CAT via RS232 native port on the server PC.
I did not have both clients running at the same time.
I have tried from both within and outside the local network.
I forgot to mention that I have another TS-2000 remote in Scotland running 7.6532 on an XP machine and the Android clients work fine with that.

« Last post by w8rj on March 16, 2018, 09:27:03 am »
It would be helpful if you included what kind of radio is being used server side.

If you are connected with both the Windows Client and Android Client at the same time, one of the clients will lose TX audio.

If it's an Icom radio that doesn't have the built in USB audio interface and you're using the PTT button on the Android Client, remove the TXd button (server side) with the Security Manager

If neither of these suggestions work, let me know the type of radio you're using.

General Support / Can't transmit from Android client
« Last post by g3yxm on March 16, 2018, 09:10:06 am »
Here's a weird one..
My server PC crashed recently and I uninstalled RCForb server as it had become corrupted and reinstalled the latest version.
I now have V7.6588 running and from a PC client all is working 100%.
Using the same login on PC or Android.
Now when I use my Android clients (I have two on different devices) the rig does not go into TX - although on the server console it shows that the rig is in TX and the timeout timer starts counting down, I even get pwr meter indications on the Android client!
The server is running on Windows XP and has AVG free antivirus, I tried turning that off, no change.
I can't understand how the console shows exactly the same conditions when connected via a PC or via Android client and yet the Android one cannot transmit...
It used to work OK before the crash.

Dave G3YXM
RCForb Client (Android) / Small Screen Problem
« Last post by g3yxm on March 16, 2018, 04:37:06 am »
I have just got an Inrico T298S "Network Radio" running Android 4.4. I thought it would be an ideal remote handset for my station as it looks like a walkie talkie with proper speaker and a PTT.
I have installed the latest RCForb Android client and am having trouble setting it up because some of the pop-up screens such as "Add New" in the Remotes and "Audio settings" in the settings are too big for the tiny screen and some buttons are off the bottom. If these could be made scrollable I could move down and press the button I want but It won't scroll.
One problem I am trying to solve is choppy TX audio (RX is OK) and I wanted to try the other codec.

Dave G3YXM
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10