Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Support / Mating the ORB to Android
« Last post by w2sfd on Yesterday at 08:26:38 pm »
What a perfect mobile setup if we could get the ORB to connect to an Android phone.    I recently purchased a MS Surface Book 2, and was disappointed to find that there were no usb ports on the detachable screen. 

What a waste of such a powerful machine.  I understand saving space, but having all this computing power and not being able to attached any devices when it's running as a "tablet" seems like a lost opportunity to me. 

Oh well, just flipping the screen around still allows it to work great with the ORB and detaching the screen I still can use remotehams fine with a headset or just through the built in mic with decent reports.
Feature Requests / Re: iOS
« Last post by np3n on Yesterday at 06:26:18 pm »
As replied in another thread:
I am willing to create a native MAC OSX client.
I like the RemoteHams project.
I am using the Windows client with my MAC Book.
But within the last weeks I wish to have it native under OSX, as Windows 10 crashes at my system.
I run all my other HAM software - like RumLogNG etc. -, native under OSX.
So, I think RemoteHams client shall be running native under OSX, too.
As professional programmer (QRL) I know that it will take a lot of work and time to create a native OSX client from scratch. But I will try to to this job. It's of my personal interest.
Hopefully will get needed support from the project owners.

iOS actual not within my focus, even that I love my iPad.
iPad/iPhone usage is much different to MAC and need other handling concept.

vy 73 de Martin, DL1RF

Hi Martin, any update on a MacOS version of RemoteHams?

73's de NP3N
General Support / Re: Distorted audio on Digital only TX
« Last post by ea1dwi on Yesterday at 04:52:47 pm »
Hi Serge,

I didn't get it, sorry. You connect to the remote computer -I assume with a software like Teamviewer- then you load the server, back to the local computer and you activate the client, then back again to the remote and you load the WSJ-X and a logger, you select a frecuency and mode, and then again back to the local computer to close the client. There are at least two things I don't understand: first, how can you make work at the same time the server and the WSJ.X software on the same computer and second, why do you need the server and the client? If you access the remote computer you can work FT8 or any other mode just on the same way you can use any other software, like word, excel, etc. What did I loose on the way? Thanks.

Carlos
EA1DWI
« Last post by va3sb on February 20, 2018, 11:02:21 am »
I had experienced a similar problem with intermittent distorted audio.
I am using a TS-480 and  Signalink interface. I connect to my remote site and activate the Server software. I then activate the  Client software locally. I tunnel in to my remote computer and activate my WSJT-X software as well as my logging software. When I am on the frequency that I wish to operate (usually a FT-8), I close down the Client software. No more distortion. I use this method to operate FT-8 and it works just fine until the new server software is available.

Hope this helps.

Serge
VA3SB
RCForb Client (Android) / Re: CW transmit/decode
« Last post by m0pkz on February 19, 2018, 08:11:13 am »
sorry but no...had one...now ic-7300
« Last post by zs1j on February 19, 2018, 07:14:31 am »
"The good news is the new server we're working on will be using Opus for compression software and that should take care of digital mode issues."

Any progress so far Roger?
Bug Reports / Re: Audio glitch switching to RX
« Last post by w8rj on February 19, 2018, 06:12:54 am »
Make sure you don't have any enhancements enabled on the Windows Playback device you're using.

You may also find using DirectSound instead of WaveOut, server side (Options->Audio Configuration), may help
Bug Reports / Re: Client .9.246 VFO B transmit indication
« Last post by w8rj on February 19, 2018, 06:10:53 am »
The Client turning red means the radio is transmitting, not necessarily on VFO A. You need to pay attention to how the VFO's are set and whether the split button is lit.
Bug Reports / Audio glitch switching to RX
« Last post by k3os on February 19, 2018, 05:51:20 am »
Client .9.246.  When switching to RX, the audio returns, drops, then returns.  All very quickly.  It's almost the audio equivalent of a contact bouncing.

Gary
K3OS
Bug Reports / Client .9.246 VFO B transmit indication
« Last post by k3os on February 19, 2018, 05:48:15 am »
When switching to VFO B ( Icom 7300) on transmit, the client indicates VFO A is transmitting by turning red.  The radio, however, does transmit on the VFO B frequency. 

Gary K3OS
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10