Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
RCForb Client (Android) / Cannot Purchase Android client
« Last post by j69cu on Today at 01:29:15 am »
I live outside of the USA and would like to use the remote software.

What are my options?
General Support / Re: problem with password
« Last post by dl3ydy on Today at 12:43:25 am »
Hi Roger,
thank you very much. I have resetted the password. Now all is ok.
73 Bernd DL3YDY
General Support / Re: problem with password
« Last post by w8rj on Yesterday at 06:12:51 am »
Double check the password. If you need to reset the password here is a link.

http://www.remotehams.com/forums/index.php?action=reminder
General Support / problem with password
« Last post by dl3ydy on Yesterday at 05:27:05 am »
Hi,

I have a new personal computer for our planned remote station. I have installed the server. But when I start the server, username and password are required.
I took my username dl3ydy and my password for remotehams, but a failure message occured: Error, invalid password provided.

Username and password work fine for the login in remotehams.com and in the client. But wrong for the server.

Please help.

73 Bernd DL3YDY
General Laws & Legal Information / Re: License Rules From UK M3/M6 Class
« Last post by m3ghe on September 21, 2017, 11:08:12 pm »
This business of what different licence class holders can or cannot do, has shown us it is important for remote owners to ensure that they don't let anyone use their remote in such a way that may be a breach of licensing regulations.
The person who started this thread under the username of MM0LID, has now been identified by the UK authority OFCOM as unlicensed and therefore a 'Pirate Operator'. He had been getting away with this some years.
He has now been removed from the RemoteHams system and can now no longer gain control of any remote that he had been granted permission to use.

The announcement from OFCOM can be seen here. https://www.ofcom.org.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0018/106551/Amateur-radio-call-signs-M0LID-and-M0AWA-468728.pdf
General Support / Re: RF-Kit 2K Linear Amp
« Last post by w3frg on September 21, 2017, 04:11:26 pm »
The StepIr pgm did read the frequency as suspected.

Tom
General Laws & Legal Information / Re: License Rules From UK M3/M6 Class
« Last post by wa6lie on September 21, 2017, 03:28:22 pm »
Scott,

All the CEPT countries that license HAMS for that country will have CEPT on the license IF that operator qualifies. CEPT for foreign HAMS MUST be on their license before they can transmit on my radios, unless reciprocal licensing is involved.

73, Scott WA6LIE
« Last post by w8rj on September 21, 2017, 01:44:09 pm »
The other supported amplifier drivers will not work.

From what I gathered from Mark, they are using HamLib and the only thing the amp gets, is frequency information from the radio. The other issue with using HamLib, is not only do I need to write the driver, but I need to write a C# wrapper to talk to HamLib. Also right now they are treating the amplifier like a Yaesu radio and just getting frequency information.

So until HamLib actually supports the amplifier and somebody else writes a C# wrapper, I'm not going write a driver. Right now I see no reason to write a driver because all that amp does track the frequency.

I wrote a simple program for a guy a while back with a StepIR, that will fetch the frequency from the HRD IP server in RcForb server and outputs it out a serial port which should work for that amp. I will email the program to you. If the amplifier actually just "sniffs" the serial port for frequency information it should work. if it polls the radio for frequency, it probably wont work. Again there is a lack of information on how that amp works. It won't allow for any remote control for the amp, but It will free up the CAT connection to the radio.

« Last post by w3frg on September 21, 2017, 10:45:24 am »
Results of attempting to contact the RF2K amp using remotehams did work for both the ACOM 2K and Dual KPA 500 Amp selections.
I was able to see the operator selections on the Client AMP selection.

Tom W3FRG
« Last post by w3frg on September 21, 2017, 08:48:15 am »
Roger,

After speaking with Mark NU6X, I learned that the RF-2K does have RS-232 capability.
Here is what Mark told me:

Yes, the RF2K+ has CAT interface via serial RS-232 using a USB to serial cable.
Since RF2K+ software running on its internal Raspberry PI uses Hamlib,  the CAT command set depends on the transceiver type selected in the amplifiers menu. The RF2K+ is designed to connect directly to the transceivers CAT port.

Its very possible that one of the amps already on RH would be compatible, and I plan on trying this.

73  Tom W3FRG
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10