Author Topic: How does the client work on Linux?  (Read 1614 times)

do2jus

How does the client work on Linux?
« on: February 03, 2016, 11:46:34 am »
Hello everyone!

I have got a question. My English is not the best, so excuse me, if I make mistakes.  :) But I'll try.
I'm using Ubuntu on my notebook. Of course I tried to install the newest RCForb Client in wine. When I want to execute the program there is an error message:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------
RCFgui_Test (v0.8.5859.27672) 2/3/2016 8:41:59 PM
------------------------------

Exception Type: System.TypeLoadException
Exception Message: Could not load type 'RCFgui_Test.SpeechEngine' from assembly 'RCFgui_Test, Version=0.8.5859.27672, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

Stack Trace:
  at RCFgui_Test.MainApp.Run (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RCFgui_Test.Program.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does anybody know the problem?

Of course you can answer me in German.  ;)

Thank you,
73 de DO2JUS.

Offline kg6ypi

• Administrator
  • Remote Master
    • RemoteHams.com
Re: How does the client work on Linux?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2016, 01:02:16 pm »
This means that your wine installation is missing some libraries.  Specifically the Speech SDK that comes standard with Windows. I'm sure you will get another exception once you get past this one.

Again, the software is designed for Windows. We do not officially support Linux or Mac OSX.  While the software may run with Windows Emulators, we do not officially support this.

Offline km4zcu

• Just starting...
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2017, 09:59:49 pm »
Windows will die soon.  It's terrible.  Linux and Ubuntu ports of this software -- you should consider it.

Thank you for all you do!  73!  Jeff, de KM4ZCU.

Offline on5hb

• Just starting...
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2018, 05:33:49 am »
I agree, Linux is far better at this stuff then Windows.
Windows is a toy OS.
Please consider compiling cross-platform.

Offline m3ghe

• Remote Master
    • Barney's online radios
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2018, 01:14:07 pm »
Windows will die soon.  It's terrible.  Linux and Ubuntu ports of this software -- you should consider it.

Thank you for all you do!  73!  Jeff, de KM4ZCU.
Ubuntu is Linux. Windows won't die anytime soon. Android is the dominate OS worldwide but doesn't do desktop. If you are able to cross compile offer your assistance.