Author Topic: Ham Radio Deluxe HRD V6 X.X.X IP server changes  (Read 7480 times)

Offline m3ghe

• Remote Master
    • Barney's online radios
Ham Radio Deluxe HRD V6 X.X.X IP server changes
« on: February 22, 2013, 04:34:22 am »
For those of us that are using HRD as the interface between RCForb and our radio, please take note that it appears some changes to the IP server code have been made.
I'm not yet sure how many changes have been made but I noticed when using my FT840 with V6 I could not change VFOs whilst using RCF client.
Going back to HRD V5 everything works as before.
So if you use HRD in the same way as I do, save your money and do not change to HRD V6.

Barney

Offline or5a

• Remote Enthusiast
Re: Ham Radio Deluxe HRD V6 X.X.X IP server changes
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2014, 11:40:18 pm »
I have a similar behavior with hrd v5 (latest version). I'm remote connected to a KX3. I can change bands, mode etc with the buttons but when I click on a dx cluster spot, only the mode changes, not band and/or vfo.

73 Phil
73 de OR5A

Offline m3ghe

• Remote Master
    • Barney's online radios
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2014, 02:01:19 am »
This is not anything to do with RemoteHams software, this is a bug with the LogBook within HRD.
I reported this a couple of years ago but the new owners of HRD have not done anything about it. 

Offline kg6ypi

• Administrator
  • Remote Master
    • RemoteHams.com
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2014, 11:42:51 am »
Did they purposely change for the format of the set frequency IP server command?  I think somewhere in the log book  there is a IP Server protocol monitor feature.  It's been a long time since I played in HRD.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 11:46:09 am by kg6ypi »

Offline m3ghe

• Remote Master
    • Barney's online radios
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2014, 02:07:24 pm »
Brandon I have to be honest, unless you pay for HRD you get no feedback at all on bugs you report.
To even check if the so called fix works you have to pay for a subscription because the 30 day trial has run out.
Well actually I don't because I have a hack that lets me run the program for ever.
I believe that the commands from the Logbook on port 7825 were never completed by Simon.
When the new owners took over they filled the gaps in but they are not all the same commands as DM780 uses on port 7809.
V6 has more controls in it's logbook than V5 but they are not compatible.
Does my head in!

« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 02:10:52 pm by m3ghe »