Author Topic: Rotator Purchase.  (Read 47 times)

Online m1aqo

• Remote Enthusiast
Rotator Purchase.
« on: June 10, 2018, 10:53:09 pm »
I'm looking to upgrade my station to incorporate remote control of a rotator.
Because I haven't purchased it yet can anybody suggest which ones to considerat and that integrate well with Remotehams.
Thanks
Glenn M1AQO

Online w8rj

• Remote Master
Re: Rotator Purchase.
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2018, 06:39:26 am »
We support the following rotators

DCU-1 This is the most common protocol for rotators
AlphaSpid
Yaesu GS232 A and B
RC2800 M2 Rotator

Roger
W8RJ

Offline ac7av

• Remote Enthusiast
Re: Rotator Purchase.
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2018, 10:23:21 am »
I looked around for a long time on the remote control rotor options.  What I found was an easy and recommended fix for your search.  If you already have a rotor you can install the appropriate Easy-Rotor-Control from Vibroplex.  For a fraction of the cost you can install the board yourself and your up and running with a remote controlled rotor.  I did it and if you are familiar with basic wiring and can follow directions and are handy with a soldering iron enough to install a few wire connections into your existing rotor, this could be for you.  I installed the “ERC Version 4 USB” into my Alliance HD73.  I do not have it up under the antenna yet, that’s an entire project in itself, but I will before long.  I did have the rotor hooked to the remote for testing for a week or so to make sure all was working as it should and everyone said it worked as it should.   You can go to the Vibroplex website and read about it and all the many many rotors you can install it into.   The Easy-Rotor-Control uses the same interface as the Yaesu rotors control GS232 A and B that Roger mentioned.   Basically the computer thinks it’s a Yaesu rotor no matter what rotor you have.