Author Topic: Server Ports 4524 & 4525 close on exit of client use  (Read 45 times)

Offline w0pc

• Just starting...
Server Ports 4524 & 4525 close on exit of client use
« on: May 17, 2018, 08:47:58 am »
I discovered that server ports 4524 and 4525 close when a client connection exits the client program to switch to another connection or just finishes usage of the remote. The only fix I've found is to close and restart the Server program. If others are still connected when someone exits, there operation continues without any problem. It's only when trying to reconnect is when the problem shows up. All 3 ports are open before any usage.

Rick, W0PC

Offline w8rj

• Remote Master
Re: Server Ports 4524 & 4525 close on exit of client use
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2018, 09:18:11 am »
Double check you don't have some kind of port triggering rules in the router.

Remember if your server computers local IP changes, the port forwarding rules will be broken. Best to set up a DHCP reservation for the server computer in your router. If your outside IP address changes, it could be up to 20 minutes for Clients to be updated.

All that being said, I just logged into your remote and logged out for a few minutes and logged right back in.
Roger
W8RJ

Offline w0pc

• Just starting...
Re: Server Ports 4524 & 4525 close on exit of client use
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2018, 09:50:46 am »
Roger,

I saw that you had logged in and out again. I think I have port triggering setup in the router for "ALL". I'll do some more head scratching.

Rick, W0PC