Author Topic: Lack of local radio channel control when server is running  (Read 54 times)

Offline kd8iib

• Just starting...
Question for the group.
I have noticed (possibly just recently) that if I have server running, I lose local channel control of the radio. I have to shut down the server in order to be able to change memory channels on the radio locally. Not sure if this is a bug or a setting I may have wrong.
More explanation....My radio (FT-991A) is normally set to monitor our local ARES repeater frequency. IF I have the server software running, and I try to change memory channels locally on the radio, the channel will change very briefly, then return to the original channel.
We had a tornado warning the other night and I tried to change channel to our local Skywarn channel. As said above, it would change briefly, then return back to the original ARES frequency. The only way I could make the channel channel was to shut down the server. The server software just has to be running for this problem to occur, and no one is connected to the server at the time. Any ideas? Does this happen to anyone else running a similar setup. Not sure about this, but I don't remember this happening when I first starting using this GREAT software. Just started noticing it in the past month or so. I haven't upgraded the software since I first installed it months ago. Running server version 0.7.6588.21341 32 bit.

Offline w8rj

• Remote Master
Re: Lack of local radio channel control when server is running
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2018, 06:43:26 am »
Go to the memories tab in the server and you probably have one of the memories set as your "Home Frequency". You will need to click edit on the individual memories to see that setting.
Roger
W8RJ

Offline kd8iib

• Just starting...
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2018, 06:59:08 am »
Thanks Roger. I'll give that a try tonight after I get home from work.....21 days until retirement.

Offline kd8iib

• Just starting...
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2018, 06:59:50 am »
That did the trick Roger....thanks again.