Author Topic: How to control the power on/off android / Icom 7851 ??  (Read 67 times)

Offline ve2aed

• Just starting...
How to control the power on/off android / Icom 7851 ??
« on: May 12, 2018, 12:17:25 pm »
I have tried every way possible to get the android app to turn off my new IC7851 . I really don't like leaving it on . server :Security ,allowed buttons get list , PWR is on that list , I'm connected via my Pixel 2 XL android , every control works fine I then try to turn off power from my phone and the radio stays on .

on my phone , Menu , buttons , PWR lit up bright green and radio is on ,I touch PWR .  SERVER info:Turning radio OFF........PWR button  goes dark like it should on the android however server just sits and says "Turning Radio Off "  .    The display on the android says "PWR OFF but of course I still hear audio and entering a direct freq on the app removes the PWR OFF words and I can control the 7851 fine .

Please someone help me understand what I am doing wrong really need to turn the radio on and off remtely .

As one mmore clue I can connect to the radio with Icom's program RS-BA1 and turn the power off from the computer and from a remote laptop running RSBA1 ...   Please note I am not running any other programs while making this test hence I am controlling all function remotely just fine , perhaps there is a wrong CIV command in the program ...

TNX Howard VE2AED

Online w8rj

• Support Tech
  • Remote Master
Re: How to control the power on/off android / Icom 7851 ??
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2018, 01:51:13 pm »
I found the problem and there is a new server at the link below

http://download.remotehams.com/debug/RCForb_Server_Setup_0.7.exe
« Last Edit: May 12, 2018, 02:21:14 pm by w8rj »
Roger
W8RJ

Offline ve2aed

• Just starting...
Re: How to control the power on/off android / Icom 7851 ??
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2018, 08:30:40 pm »
YOU ARE AWESOME ! HAPPY I CONTRIBUTED $100 WHEN I FIRST JOINED , how's your budget these days ?
Howard VE2AED
https://www.qrz.com/db/VE2AED/