Author Topic: TS590SG Receive Audio drive reduction.  (Read 122 times)

Online m1aqo

• Just starting...
TS590SG Receive Audio drive reduction.
« on: April 22, 2018, 02:32:02 pm »
Hi,

I've managed to set up my 590SG on the server with very few issues thus far  :)

I may be answering my own question here but the receive audio is slightly distorted along with the visual representation from the receive bar displaying a solid bar and not reacting to the audio peaks.

I can't see any way of reducing the receive /input  audio  from the software. I assume the RX audio output from the radio needs to be reduced to correct the problem ?  The 590 is connected  via the USB cable.  Menu 65 on the radio allows an adjustment for audio out on the USB connection.  Should this correct the problem or is there away this can be adjusted in the remote server software ?

I am not at the radio location at the moment hence the question as I cannot carry out the adjustment.

Regards Glenn
M1AQO

Online w8rj

• Remote Master
Re: TS590SG Receive Audio drive reduction.
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2018, 06:56:16 pm »
There are audio level adjustments in Options->Audio Configuration. I am pretty sure there are also level adjustments in the radio.
Roger
W8RJ

Offline roy

• Just starting...
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2018, 02:48:54 pm »
Hey Glenn, if its any help, My USB Audio out from my TS590SG is set to 7 and in the audio configuration, Mic Level is set to 80%, about halfway which gives loud audio just below the distortion level.

Regards, Roy de G1YNE

Online m1aqo

• Just starting...
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2018, 04:26:02 pm »
Thanks Roy,
Set it at 4 and all is good!
Glenn