Author Topic: Port 943  (Read 259 times)

Offline kx4ib

• Just starting...
Port 943
« on: April 02, 2018, 10:42:17 am »
The only time I see port 943 mentioned is in this post:
http://www.remotehams.com/forums/index.php?topic=423.0

I am running the 590SG. Menu was a bit different than what was posted but other than that setting up the rig was a breeze.

What is port 943? I have added 943, and have taken it away.  Same for 843.

No matter what I have done the ports still show closed in the server "test"

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks!
Doug
KX4IB

Offline w8rj

• Remote Master
Re: Port 943
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2018, 10:51:00 am »
The use of port 943 has been deprecated. It was used in the past, for Silverlight applications. It doesn't need to be opened.

Port 843 was required for Clients before Version 8. It's now needed only if you want to stream audio to a web page using flash player.
Roger
W8RJ

Offline kx4ib

• Just starting...
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2018, 10:55:18 am »
Thanks!
I just cannot get these ports to open.  I don't know what else to read.

When I forward the ports in my router, and then check the status of my server PC, the IP is correct.

The status also shows the ports forwarded, and points to an IP beginning with 107. 
I assume it pointing it to the server?

Offline w8rj

• Remote Master
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2018, 11:14:57 am »
For the port checker to work a radio must be connected. You can use the dummy radio if need be.

If you have more than one NAT firewall in your system all NAT firewalls must be delt with. Some modems will have a NAT firewall. If you have two routers in line then both routers need to delt with.

There are 3 basics involved with any port forwarding opertions. First is the "outside" port to be used and then where that traffic goes. That will be the "inside" port and IP address of the computer that it is to be sent to. Normally the outside and inside ports are the same (4524 or 4525). If your router has both Port Forwarding and Virtual Server settings, use Virtual Server settings.

If you're still having problems, install Teamviewer (http://www.teamviewer.com) and private message me with the Teamviewer ID, password, and any router usernames and passwords.  My Skype is remotew8rj
Roger
W8RJ

Offline kx4ib

• Just starting...
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2018, 03:28:15 pm »
message sent