Author Topic: TX puts the radio in Transmit but the KPA500 isn't keying  (Read 486 times)

Offline hk2ls

• Remote Enthusiast
    • RN.ORG Website
TX puts the radio in Transmit but the KPA500 isn't keying
« on: January 12, 2018, 05:32:00 am »
I have a K3/KAT500/KPA500.   When I remotely connect to the K3 I can see the audio level moving with my voice when connected remotely to the desktop but I am not getting any power out.   When I go to AM it keys and I see 125 watts but there is no modulation with my voice.   When I use M-Tune the radio and amp key and I see 400 watts out.   

I can hear my voice on the headphones with a delay when connected remotely and the sound->playback->speakers on the base (where the K3) computer is moving with my voice.   So any ideas?  73s de HK2LS 
---
Larry Snyder, HK2LS

Online w8rj

• Remote Master
Re: TX puts the radio in Transmit but the KPA500 isn't keying
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2018, 05:47:13 am »
Sounds like you're not getting transmit audio to the radio.

1) Check the Line In level on the K3.
2) Check the level (and mute) on the Playback sound device in the computer you're using.
Roger
W8RJ

Offline hk2ls

• Remote Enthusiast
    • RN.ORG Website
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2018, 06:06:51 am »
Thank you Roger.  Good question so I stopped RC Forb Server and started HRD and did a CQ and received an immediate response so it would appear to me that the audio (since using the same device with RC Forb Server and HRD ) is working.   

thoughts?

CQ CQ de HK2LS HK2LS
CQ CQ de HK2LS HK2LS
CQ CQ de HK2LS HK2LS
PSE K
HK2LSK2LS de KK5UG Kat5UG KK5UG kn
t  VE3FTG pse k
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 06:43:52 am by hk2ls »
---
Larry Snyder, HK2LS

Online w8rj

• Remote Master
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2018, 07:59:32 am »
That may not have been a good test. Windows playback devices have two levels associated with them. One a "global" level for all applications that is using the device and another level for a individual application. So when you closed the server and started HRD that playback device did not necessarily have the same level.

1) Right click on the speaker icon in Windows.
2) Select Volume mixer.
3) Far left select the playback device the server is using.

There will now be a level adjustment to the right showing the application (individual) level for RcForb server. Make sure it's not down to zero or muted.
Roger
W8RJ