Author Topic: Ports always closed by WLAN(Server)  (Read 136 times)

Offline dk2gz

• Just starting...
Ports always closed by WLAN(Server)
« on: January 09, 2018, 09:24:09 am »
He cannot get the Radio connected, even in my own network.
The server is connected via WLAN to the network. Radio is published on remotehams.
If I run the server on dem desktop via LAN I have access in the own network.

73 de Harry, DK2GZ

Online w8rj

• Remote Master
Re: Ports always closed by WLAN(Server)
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2018, 10:32:40 am »
Roger
W8RJ

Offline dk2gz

• Just starting...
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2018, 10:33:00 pm »
Hello again,

I have to radios: Radio 1(K3) connected via LAN can open the ports, Radio 2(FT-991) on the laptop connected via WLAN cannot open the ports. There a server installed on the desktop for Radio 1 and a second server on the laptop for Radio 2. There is only one server running at the same time. I cannot get the ports open for Radio 2 using the same router.

73 de Harry

Online w8rj

• Remote Master
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2018, 03:44:33 am »
Did you change the port numbers on the second server? Ports can only be forwarded to one computer at a time. Don't worry about port 843.

Read this post.
http://www.remotehams.com/forums/index.php/topic,1840.0.html
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 09:02:40 am by w8rj »
Roger
W8RJ

Offline dk2gz

• Just starting...
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2018, 10:14:07 am »
Hello

I did change the ports to 4527 and 4526 and use dummy(the real radio is in the garage, hi) as the radio brand.
Now the server can open the ports with the second PC in the home network. Thanks.

But how to setup the server when I use my  mobile phone for the internet connection. Because this notebook will act on the remote site as server.

73 de Harry, DK2GZ

Offline m3ghe

• Remote Master
    • Barney's online radios
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2018, 11:28:44 am »
Harry you can run both servers on the same computer, you don't need to use to different ones. Just install a second copy of RCForb server to a different  location than the first. This then simplifies your port forward requirements especially if using your mobile as the Internet tether.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 11:30:46 am by m3ghe »

Online w8rj

• Remote Master
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2018, 11:31:51 am »
When using a Cell phone or one of those Cell Hotspots for the internet connection won't work, because you can't forward ports on those systems. Some carriers offer their Hotspots with a static IP (sometimes for a lot more money), that allows you to port forward.

I've never heard of a static IP offered on a smartphone. But maybe there are carriers out there that do.
Roger
W8RJ

Offline dk2gz

• Just starting...
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2018, 02:15:33 pm »
o.k.

I guess, you need further details about my question(s) and configuration.

I have a contest QTH, where is only internet access by a surf stick, mobile phone with hotspot function, mobile router, what ever you will name it.

There I will set up a netbook connected direct via the surf stick, or even possible, via a  G2/3, UTMS LTE mobil GSM router to the internet.  If I must use the mobile router(I am not sure if I need this router to get the port forwarding running) the router is connected to the netbook.  The server will be installed on this netbook on the remote site with an FT-991. 

Without using remotehams I can use internet via the surf-stick, or the mobile router without any problemes, but cannot open the ports to connect the FT-991 at home. I am aware of possible latence problems on the remote site, but that is the only way to get internet access there.

At home there will be only running clients, on different machines, to connect the remote site via LAN,WLAN etc..

73 de Harry, DK2GZ

Online w8rj

• Remote Master
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2018, 02:40:06 pm »
I understood your setup. Typically those types of internet connections block incoming port traffic and can't be opened and forwarded.

Your only solution might be is to run a VPN into the server computer, using something like Hamachi.

http://www.remotehams.com/forums/index.php/topic,2189.msg9589.html#msg9589
Roger
W8RJ

Offline dk2gz

• Just starting...
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2018, 11:57:51 am »
o.k.

I finaly stop further investigation. I do not have any idea about VPN(Hamachi) to set up such a solution. Remote operation of the contest QTH is canceled. :

Thanks again for your help, but I guess remotehams is not a solution for me.

73 de Harry, DK2GZ

Online w8rj

• Remote Master
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2018, 12:50:55 pm »
Running any type of "server" software that accepts connections from outside your LAN will have the same problem, unless the software vendor offers some kind of proxy service.
Roger
W8RJ