Author Topic: Welcome to my remote using a dummy radio with a fake antenna.  (Read 852 times)

Offline k4zle

• Just starting...
Welcome to my remote using a dummy radio with a fake antenna.
« on: December 24, 2017, 11:17:08 am »
I am just getting started setting up my base to be run remotely.  When I sign into my server within the same LAN segment on a different computer, I get the following message: Welcome to my remote using a dummy radio with a fake antenna.  I searched the this database and found a message from radiousa, dtd Jun 11, 2026, where he asked about the exact message, but never found an answer to his question about how to get rid of it, so I ask, "Where does this message originate and how do I change or get rid of it?"

Offline w8rj

• Remote Master
Re: Welcome to my remote using a dummy radio with a fake antenna.
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2017, 11:24:59 am »
On the Publish tab of the server, that is the default "Welcome Message / Description". Just change it to what you want, and Click Update.

To see the change on a Client right away, log off, sync the Client list and log back on.
Roger
W8RJ

Offline k4zle

• Just starting...
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2017, 03:43:50 pm »
Thanks Roger.  Had to go to full screen to see the welcome message.  That issue resolved.  Now to get things set so user can turn K3 and Alpha on if they are off and the user has that permission.  Then to get where users can send paddle CW from the client.  ;D   Really appreciate your quick response.

Jay

Offline nealxu

• Just starting...
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2018, 08:23:13 am »
Hi...Anyone having problems going from the NAR6595 and then going back to the stock antenna and having severe signal loss? Confirmed the same with my RS-800. After trimming the Motorola NAR6595 I'm getting great reception. As soon as I switch back to stock or RS800, lose the signal on the systems I monitor. Also confirmed the signal side by side with my PSR-800.

smt circuit board assembly
« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 11:20:56 am by nealxu »