Author Topic: Couple of hints...  (Read 1136 times)

Offline w0ih

• Remote Master
Couple of hints...
« on: December 11, 2017, 12:18:42 pm »
 I have learned a couple things about the android app on my LG phone.

1. If you are on any menu screen besides Frequency Knob, you can touch the frequency line at the top, and you will be returned to the Frequency Knob menu.   I just learned this by accident, though it may be documented somewhere. 

2.  I have had trouble getting the volume control to work correctly on my LG phone (usually low) through my Bluetooth headset on the Android app.  I found that I could adjust the volume normally if I pressed side button which blanks the screen, then adjust the volume controls on the other side of the phone.  With the screen open, the volume controls adjusts the ring volume.  When the screen is blanked, the controls adjust the speaker (headset) volume.   This may be an anomaly of this phone, but may help others as well.

Mike, W0IH

Offline vk3xpt

• Remote Enthusiast
Re: Couple of hints...
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2018, 08:08:35 pm »
regarding point number 2: Do you have "Bluetooth Call Emulation" turned on? I use this feature a lot, and when I use the phone without a bluetooth connection the volume does not work correctly (usually too low) The only way to resolve this is to disable the call emulation option, and restart the app.

Offline w0ih

• Remote Master
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2018, 07:40:21 am »
Yes, I have “Bluetooth ‘On Call’ Emulation” enabled on my Android device.  Codec is “C Speex” and mic source is MIC.

Mike, W0IH

Offline vk3xpt

• Remote Enthusiast
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2018, 01:06:22 am »
Ok, Turn Bluetooth Call Emulation OFF. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to gracefully detect when there is NO BT device connected, and it locks the device audio levels to a pre-defined range (or, at least that is what appears to be happening - I'm no code writer!)

As for the tip you gave - good one! That is handy ! :)

Perrin VK3XPT

Offline w0ih

• Remote Master
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2018, 09:40:17 am »
 I think you misunderstood, the Bluetooth call emulation should be turned on.

Mike

Offline zs1sa

• Just starting...
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2018, 11:25:46 am »
Thanks for that input Mike, you sorted out a problem for me.
Rob ZS1SA