Author Topic: Android Client software  (Read 177 times)

Offline vk6xt

• Just starting...
Android Client software
« on: December 06, 2017, 04:55:36 pm »
Have downloaded on to my Nexus 7 (2012) tablet and seems to run just fine.

My Question .....when I receive my new tablet for Christmas will I need to pay again to download from the app store ??

First BUG brought to light by Gyrosmith...Thanks GARY... The power switch command will probably need to be Blocked in Ic-7300 software. It does not respond to a "Power on" command when switched Off.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 10:01:51 pm by vk6xt »

Online w8rj

• Support Tech
  • Remote Master
Re: Android Client software
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2017, 05:29:16 am »
You can download and install the app as many times as you want using the same Google Play Account.

Regarding the PWR button. I just tried the PWR button on some other remtotes and seem to work on those. When I tried yours, the radio wouldn't come back on. Three things to check for. First make sure you don't have the baud rate in the radio set to Auto. Also make sure you're using the default CI-V address for the 7300 (94). Lastly make sure the serial port driver is the one downloaded from Icom, not one that Windows installed automaticlly.

« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 05:32:59 am by w8rj »
Roger
W8RJ

Offline vk6xt

• Just starting...
Re: Android Client software
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2017, 03:55:33 pm »
Thank You Roger,
                          I will reconfigure my CI-V address...It was setup as an IC7700...a hang over from WSJT-X (before IC-7300 software versions had been written)

73,
                                                                                       Rick