Author Topic: CW keying  (Read 921 times)

Offline ww1www

• Just starting...
CW keying
« on: November 02, 2017, 08:40:52 am »
Hi,

I have set up my remote at home and now I am playing with the Android client. Excellent!

What I cannot understand is CW operation from the tablet/phone. I go to the CW tab, and I can type text into the textbox, tap enter and that will be sent. Also, it will send the macros.
But

1)  is it possible to transmit CW as I type like it is in the Windows client?
2) if I accidentally tap a wrong macro or for any other  reason I want to stop transmitting CW immediately, how do I stop it when it is already transmitting?

73, Chris

« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 10:45:31 am by ww1www »

Offline w8rj

• Support Tech
  • Remote Master
Re: CW keying
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2017, 03:24:52 am »
1) As far as I know, no.

2) Not conveniently. You would need to go to the button page and tap Stop. 
Roger
W8RJ

Offline ww1www

• Just starting...
Re: CW keying
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2017, 01:37:13 am »
1) As far as I know, no.

2) Not conveniently. You would need to go to the button page and tap Stop.

Thank you Roger. Then let me just suggest these to be considered in future updates. :)

Sorry for the callsign mistake the other day. :(    I have several callsigns in several countries and I had no idea what the macro and the placeholder %callsign% contained... so I wanted to check, but  I accidentally hit a macro button and a longwinded (!) pre-defined CQ with one of my other callsigns went out immediately. And there was no button or anything to stop it.  Also, often , even if the macros are fine, you can start transmitting a bit too early or stop the macro  at a certain point for any reason.  There are many cases when you need to stop tranmitting immediately. So this I consider to be a high priority thing.

The other feature that would make the client more usable is being able to transmit as you type. Probably you need a different keyboard for this without text prediction and similar. I thought I could use a small bluetooth keyboard for convenience. There is usually no time during a QSO to pre-type a whole message and press enter before something is sent.