Author Topic: "Can't connect to VOIP Server"  (Read 42 times)

Offline ve3thx

• Just starting...
"Can't connect to VOIP Server"
« on: October 14, 2017, 12:00:18 pm »
Hi all,
I am having intermittent trouble connecting to my home K3 using Android software. COM port and audio settings appear to be OK, but I don't know where to look next.

When I shut down the server I got the following error message:
------------------------------
RCForb (v0.7.6357.23133) 10/14/2017 2:56:40 PM
------------------------------

Exception Type: System.ObjectDisposedException
Exception Message: Safe handle has been closed

Stack Trace:
   at System.Runtime.InteropServices.SafeHandle.DangerousAddRef(Boolean& success)
   at System.StubHelpers.StubHelpers.SafeHandleAddRef(SafeHandle pHandle, Boolean& success)
   at Microsoft.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.GetOverlappedResult(SafeFileHandle hFile, NativeOverlapped* lpOverlapped, Int32& lpNumberOfBytesTransferred, Boolean bWait)
   at System.IO.Ports.SerialStream.EventLoopRunner.WaitForCommEvent()
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

That message stayed on-screen for about 30 seconds, then went away and RCFOrb Server restarted, and then I was able to connect. This has happened repeatedly.

Also, is there an easy way to get the server to launch automatically with Windows 7?

Thanks in advance.

Offline w8rj

• Remote Master
Re: "Can't connect to VOIP Server"
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2017, 05:20:18 am »
We are aware of that exception on some computers on server shutdown and it's harmless. You may want to update your server.

Regarding your Android issue, does it happen when you're when using your wireless coverage ? It's been my experience anything less than 4G is sometimes problematic. You could also try changing to C-Speex Codec, under Audio Options

To get the server to start upon boot see this thread.
http://www.remotehams.com/forums/index.php/topic,1768.msg7669.html#msg7669
« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 06:41:29 am by w8rj »
Roger
W8RJ