Author Topic: Too fast acting high security SWR, IC 7100  (Read 281 times)

Offline sq9kdt

• Just starting...
Too fast acting high security SWR, IC 7100
« on: October 26, 2017, 11:23:32 pm »

Hello. I have a problem with IC 7100. When the antenna is slightly unmatched, the SWR measurement result in FM modulation is eg 1: 5, then the SSB modulation shows in the peak to SWR 3, the same is on the radio display. This is a problem in the IC7100 itself. This causes the RC Forb program to be triggered, which receives an instantaneous high SWR message and transmits the broadcast. Is it possible to lower the security action eg until the SWR is too high for eg 5 seconds? Or average averages to SWR? This causes a huge problem, because once everything is ok and once disconnected in the least expected moment of PTT. IC 7100 is after modification of low power SSB

Offline w8rj

• Remote Master
Re: Too fast acting high security SWR, IC 7100
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2017, 03:13:38 am »
If you did modifications to the radio, we are not going to support modified radios.
Roger
W8RJ

Offline m3ghe

• Remote Master
    • Barney's online radios
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2017, 10:56:20 am »
Roger seems you did better than me, I'm not sure I even understand the question.

Offline sq9kdt

• Just starting...
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2017, 03:12:56 am »

Why do not you support the modified radio? Icom made a design error with the output power of SSB 60W, and the radio sold as a 100W radio. Moderation is necessary. What is the problem to say how to slow down the operation of the PTT shutdown protection at FC Forb?

Offline w8rj

• Remote Master
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2017, 05:27:13 am »
I won't reduce the SWR protection level to accommodate a modification that appears to have a side effect of changing the metering on the radio too.

Since the modification you did changes the ALC characteristic of the transmitter, it affects the metering. I suggest you fix the metering.

If you would like to modify the Icom driver, the code is available here
http://ypi.remotehams.com/websvn/wsvn/RCF/

Roger
W8RJ

Offline sq9kdt

• Just starting...
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2017, 12:03:10 pm »

I found the file Icom.cs, I found the right parameter, but where do I have to change it?