Author Topic: rx audio quits on client  (Read 187 times)

Offline n0rf

• Just starting...
rx audio quits on client
« on: July 16, 2017, 07:31:55 am »
I have this problem with my old S7 Edge on ATT and now on my new S8Plus on Verizon.  When logged in, monitoring an HF net, suddenly the audio will just quit.  The S meter shows that the remote is still connected to the phone, but there is no sound coming from the phone.  If I disconnect from the remote (but don't close the app) and reconnect to my remote, it works again, for a while.  With the S7 the time between the problem recurring would get shorter and shorter.  I haven't used the S8 enough yet to know if that happens with the S8, but it happened yesterday a couple of times during a 450 mile trip..  I'm using an FT950 with the scu17 interface box, an I5 windows 10 PC on the server end.

Any suggestions as to how to fix?

Offline w8rj

• Support Tech
  • Remote Master
Re: rx audio quits on client
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2017, 08:34:26 am »
Under Settings->Audio Options->Audio Codec try using C-Speex Codec.

It may very well be the phones internet connection. It's been my experience that you need at least a solid 4G connection (4G LTE is even better). When you get down to a 3G connection, it's a bit problematic.  Next time it happens, try to take note what kind of internet connection your phone has.

When you get home, look in the server's console. It should tell you either, Server Closed Connection, Client Closed Connection, or Heartbeat Lost. If it's heartbeat lost, it's probably what I outlined above.

Roger
W8RJ