Author Topic: My login only is "Guest".  (Read 500 times)

Offline sm3dtq

• Just starting...
My login only is "Guest".
« on: June 14, 2017, 11:36:39 am »
Hi,

I have had the remote working fine from a Windows 10 PC (client) up to end of May. Then, a week ago, I downloaded the Android to my tablet. Now I can't access from my call from the PC nor the Tablet. I only get access as Guest and can get RX-reception if I allow guests. No TX.

I can't say it has anything to do with the Android since I didn't do a test from the PC until I tested the Android. When Android not did work I tested the PC.

I haved tested many different ways. Today I replaced the password and the new PWD works into the community. To be sure avoid capitals I used a password beginning with a figure so I not happen to use a capital from the Android. My connection to server is still only working with guest access.

Using server 0.7.6333.36317 32 bit and have not changed it since it was working in May. Same software same PC.
Clients are tested from Windows 10 and Tablets with different Android 4, 5 and 6.
Have been using external IP (DDNS) from an other router as well as inside the local network.

Any hints???

73 / Inge

Offline w8rj

• Remote Master
Re: My login only is "Guest".
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2017, 01:30:04 pm »
On other remotes do you get logged in as a Guest? (try my remote. I allow guests) If it happens on all remotes, then it's Client side issue. Double check you don't have a leading or trailing space on your username or password.

If it's just your remote, then for some reason your not getting authenticated from the RemoteHams server. When you connect to a remote you come in as a guest until the server authenticates you. This authentication happens with a standard HTTP call, so an anti virus software shouldn't block it, but one never knows. Try turning off your anti-virus server side.
Roger
W8RJ

Offline sm3dtq

• Just starting...
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2017, 02:06:29 pm »
Hi and tnx Roger,

I tested your server from an Android and it worked with my call.

On my RC-server I turned off anti virus and restarted the computer with minimal autostarts and without anti virus. Still coming in as Guest.
Console says: Error processing command: login %20sm3dtq%........................

Offline w8rj

• Remote Master
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2017, 03:40:12 pm »
In the server folder, delete the file apikey.txt and restart your server. This will force you to put your username and password for the server again.
Roger
W8RJ

Offline sm3dtq

• Just starting...
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2017, 09:38:31 pm »
I deleted apikey.txt and restarted the RCForb server as well as the PC after first test.
In both cases I got the message 'Error, unable to generate API key from  RemoteHams.com Error:'

Offline m3ghe

• Remote Master
    • Barney's online radios
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2017, 11:37:10 pm »
Looks like his server is not communicating with the RemoteHams server.
What OS is the server PC running? It looks like it is blocked from accessing the internet.

Offline sm3dtq

• Just starting...
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2017, 01:11:46 am »
Hi Barney.

Windows 10 pro.

Offline w8rj

• Remote Master
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2017, 04:43:47 am »
The issue is definitely a problem of the server not connecting to the RemoteHams server.

Can you browse to the RemoteHams webpage from the server computer or for that matter can you browse anywhere on the server computer?

If you can't browse anywhere, then you have some kind of DNS issue.

If it's just RemoteHams, then something is blocking just RemoteHams. It still may be a DNS issue.

Check the Hosts file located at
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\

I have attached what the default hosts file should look like (I added the txt extension in order to upload it) If your hosts file has other entries, I suggest replacing the file with what is attached (without the txt extension). A reboot will be required after replacing.
Roger
W8RJ

Offline sm3dtq

• Just starting...
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2017, 12:38:55 pm »
Hi again,

My server PC is only for RC-remote so no other apps in it except a utility. When I checked function for RC Forb server I didn't check with any internet browser. Internet into server seemed to work but now i can see output not is working. I have a small utility named 'Simple IP config' to permanent the IP locally in my net. Thank's to your help I can see it gives some funny functions like lock to port 50 but works on port 23.

Problem is still here but now I know it is a Windows function that makes it.

Thank you for the help and sorry for disturbing you with my internal problems.

Beside the 'Thank you' I will add a Thank you for the fast replies. Amazing and very appreciated.

I'm sure I find a way to solve it now.

Inge

Offline w8rj

• Remote Master
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2017, 01:45:55 pm »
The server uses standard HTTP calls to the RemoteHams server, which always uses port 80.
Roger
W8RJ