Author Topic: vk4fdgm  (Read 3969 times)

Offline kf6c

• Remote Enthusiast
vk4fdgm
« on: September 05, 2016, 07:03:49 pm »
Is the license posted by VK4FDGM an actual license I cannot see the call sign on the license.  The licenses being upside down and almost illegible does not help.
73 Brian KF6C

Offline m3ghe

• Support Tech
  • Remote Master
    • Barney's online radios
Re: vk4fdgm
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2016, 12:02:35 am »
This is not a licence, it is a certificate of Proficiency (Foundation).  This proves the holder has the skills and knowledge needed to operate a ham station to a certain level, in this case Foundation.
Once he has this he can move onto the next level of licence or apply for an Foundation licence.
Australian Foundation licence holders have tight restrictions on power, bands and equipment that they can use. They cannot operate outside of Australia nor use a remote. 
In short do not approve him for TX on any remote radio.

Offline kf6c

• Remote Enthusiast
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2016, 07:56:20 am »
Thank you for the information. I did not think it was a license and I know its Australia but the document being upside down makes things a little more difficult.

73 Brian
73 Brian KF6C

Offline vk4fdgm

• Just starting...
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2017, 09:03:32 pm »
This is not a licence, it is a certificate of Proficiency (Foundation).  This proves the holder has the skills and knowledge needed to operate a ham station to a certain level, in this case Foundation.
Once he has this he can move onto the next level of licence or apply for an Foundation licence.
Australian Foundation licence holders have tight restrictions on power, bands and equipment that they can use. They cannot operate outside of Australia nor use a remote. 
In short do not approve him for TX on any remote radio.
Is the license posted by VK4FDGM an actual license I cannot see the call sign on the license.  The licenses being upside down and almost illegible does not help.
http://web.acma.gov.au/pls/radcom/client_search.client_lookup?pCLIENT_NO=1145041

Offline vk4fdgm

• Just starting...

Offline m3ghe

• Support Tech
  • Remote Master
    • Barney's online radios
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2017, 10:46:27 pm »
http://web.acma.gov.au/pls/radcom/client_search.client_lookup?pCLIENT_NO=1145041
Thank you for now uploading the correct licence. It shows you as having a foundation licence.
This means you are not authorised to operate by remote control.
Please do not try to obtain Transmit permission from ORB operators, if they inadvertently approve you they could end up losing their own licence. If you do continue you maybe removed from the system completely.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 10:49:50 pm by m3ghe »

Offline w7ck

• Remote Enthusiast
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2017, 07:53:46 pm »
According to the following site: http://www.wia.org.au/licenses/foundation/about/

A person holding the Foundation license can operate 144MHz (2 metres), local coverage and world wide via "IRLP" and EchoLink.   That sounds like REMOTE to me!

Where does it say specifically that the holder of a Foundation license can NOT operate remote?

Norm - W7CK

Offline w7ck

• Remote Enthusiast
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2017, 08:28:16 pm »
Here's what I found on the Foundation License.   As far as I can tell, it is a legitimate license and under the following conditions a hold of a Foundation License is operating within the limitations of the license when operating via a remote station here in the US as long as he or she follows the rules set forth below:

Part 6
Conditions for amateur licence (amateur foundation station)

26   Conditions
Every amateur licence (amateur foundation station) is subject to the
additional conditions in this Part relating to the operation of any amateur foundation station by the licensee under the licence.

27   Permitted frequency bands
The licensee must operate an amateur foundation station to transmit only on a frequency in a frequency band mentioned in column 1 of an item in Schedule 3A.

27A   Restrictions on operation of an amateur foundation station
(1)   The holder of the licence must not authorise another person to operate the amateur station authorised by the licence if the other person is not a qualified operator or qualified person.
(2)   The holder of the licence must not operate an amateur station using automatic mode or computer controlled mode.
(3)   The holder of the licence must not operate an amateur station that is directly connected to a public telecommunications network.
Note An amateur foundation station may be indirectly connected to a public
Telecommunications network through a gateway operated by another licensee.

28   Transmitting equipment restrictions
The licensee must not operate an amateur foundation station using a
transmitter that has not been manufactured commercially.

29   Emissions from an amateur foundation station
The licensee must not operate an amateur foundation station in a frequency band mentioned in column 1 of an item in Schedule 3A unless:
(a)   it is operated using an emission mode mentioned in column 2 of that item; and
(b)    if the emission mode is 200HA1A – the information to be transmitted
by the station is sent by the use of a manually operated morse key; and
(c)   the transmission remains entirely within that frequency band.  Federal Register of Legislative Instruments F2015L01113 Conditions for amateur licence (amateur repeater station) Part 9 Section 39
Radiocommunications Licence Conditions (Amateur Licence) Determination 2015

30   Transmitter output power
The licensee must not operate an amateur foundation station using a
transmitter output power of more than 10 watts pX.

-------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG

Offline w7ck

• Remote Enthusiast
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2017, 09:15:08 pm »
Before you permanently pull the plug on someone, please do a little more investigating.  Besides what I've posted above, you may also want to read the following thread regarding AILS operation in Australia.

http://www.remotehams.com/forums/index.php/topic,658.0.html

I've removed the ban on vk4fdgm on my remote.  I WILL re-institute the ban if I catch him operating outside the privileges of the Foundation License ie: 10w max, or outside the allowed frequencies.

If I'm wrong, I'd appreciate someone speaking up and correcting me!

Offline m3ghe

• Support Tech
  • Remote Master
    • Barney's online radios
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2017, 02:35:28 am »
Part 6 section 27A paragraph (2) states "The holder of the licence must not operate an amateur station using automatic mode or computer controlled mode."
If that does not mean remotely controlled then I don't know what does!