Author Topic: Can't connect to my own Remote inside my LAN ?  (Read 3865 times)

Online w8rj

• Remote Master
Can't connect to my own Remote inside my LAN ?
« on: January 24, 2016, 05:24:59 am »
First check that ports 4524 and 4525 are opened and forwarded using the "Firewall / Router Test" on the Publishing tab in the server. Don't be to concerned about port 843, as that is only needed for old clients or setting up a web page to display your remote.

If the ports show open, then you may have a router won't accept a connection request using it's own WAN IP to a computer inside your LAN.

Version 8 Client: Use File->New Connection and in the Host/IP textbox put the local IP  of the server computer.
Version 9 Client: Use "Add New Remote" and in the Host/IP textbox put the local IP of the server computer. The remote will be listed at the top in the lobby list.
Android App: On the Remote Stations screen tap "Add new" and put the local IP of the server computer in the IP Address field.

To find the local IP of the server's computer, open a cmd prompt and type in ipconfig, and look for the IPV4 address. See Attachment.
You may also use the name of the server computer. The name of the server computer is found under Computer Properties in Windows.

If the ports show closed, double check your port forwarding rules in the router and/or any other devices you have inline that has a NAT firewall. Check the Windows Firewall (or other 3rd party firewalls) has an exception for RcForb.exe
« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 04:44:19 am by w8rj »
Roger
W8RJ

Offline k8yio

• Just starting...
Re: Why can't connect to my own Remote ?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2016, 11:31:32 am »
I checked all that .. still not even sure if folks can even connect to me. Can you help a brother out ....
i have teamviewer if someone wants to finger it out'

Offline m0els

• Remote Enthusiast
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2016, 05:12:04 am »
I downloaded the latest sever version and bang, the same problem. How about the software program a self fixer code, where the software will attempt to fix problems.
Going up to a friend tomorrow but now no voip connection. Everything looks ok from when last used.

Checking TCP Port 843 ...OPEN
Checking TCP Port 4525 ...OPEN
Checking Audio TCP Port 4524 ...OPEN

Remote should be working over the internet.

Online w8rj

• Remote Master
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2016, 05:21:12 am »
I just logged onto your remote and I connected just fine, so your ports are opened correctly. If you can't connect to yourself with the File->New Connection inside your LAN, make sure you have the correct local IP of the server's computer. If you didn't set up a DHCP reservation for the server computer, the local IP of the sever computer may have changed.

What I did notice there is no receiver audio. Make sure you have the correct sound devices selected in the server and the sound levels are correct.

FYI, if you're using a USB sound card, if you plug the that USB sound card into a different USB port, it will show up with a different name.
Roger
W8RJ

Offline m0els

• Remote Enthusiast
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2016, 05:27:20 am »
Hi Roger, Some thing strange happened. I went into ipconfig and saw that there was a ipv6 address instead of the ipv4, which I used. I cam out and went back in and it was back to ipv4 : 192.168.0.3
Just checked and its now online again.
 :o

I must keep an eye on it as IPV4 was nowhere to be seen

John

Offline pa3eyc

• Just starting...
Re: Can't connect to my own Remote inside my LAN ?
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2017, 02:57:42 am »
Is it necessary to open the ports 4524 & 4525 even if I want to connect from my local LAN?

Online w8rj

• Remote Master
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2017, 03:50:07 am »
No, as long as you're using the local IP of the server computer.

You may need to open the firewall on the server's computer.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 07:49:18 am by w8rj »
Roger
W8RJ

Offline pa3eyc

• Just starting...
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2017, 10:22:09 pm »
Thanks.

'73
Maarten.